READ@PEACE

Books, Lit Fests, News, Movies, Art, Fashion and TV of course... "I must say that I find television very educational. The minute somebody turns it on, I go to the library and read a book." - GROUCHO MARX

My Photo
Name:

I'd write more, like you said I should. If only, there was more to me.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

BOLLY GOOD!



This was taken at the IIFA Ceremony in Singapore. What a week that was. The best of Bollywood royalty descended on our sunny shores. Many charmed us with their wit and intelligence. The Kings and Queens of Bollywood proved to be just that. Shah Rukh Khan was humility in motion, accepting all those gifts that his fawning fans had brought in especially for him. The Badshah, Amitabh Bachchan, had nothing but words of praise for the people who supported him in so many ways. There were others - charming us journos, but the ones who impressed me the most were - Rani Mukerji, Abshishek Bachchan, Vivek Oberoi (don't believe everything the media tells you about him, he was amazingly grounded), Jaya Bachchan, Javed Akhtar, the late Yash Johar (he gave us all the time in the world), Mani Ratnam and Shekhar Kapur. All of them proved why the Indian film industry is one of our finest exports - I'm not getting into the IT bits yet.