READ@PEACE

Books, Lit Fests, News, Movies, Art, Fashion and TV of course... "I must say that I find television very educational. The minute somebody turns it on, I go to the library and read a book." - GROUCHO MARX

My Photo
Name:

I'd write more, like you said I should. If only, there was more to me.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

UBUD RELIVED IN PICTURES







Don't tell me you weren't warned!

I am so thrilled with myself, did manage to post the pictures after all. Coming from a tech nincompoop it does mean a lot. Ubud was one of the high points for me in 2005, as I am sure, it was for lots of other folks as well. Here are some moments, re-lived as they can only be through pictures. There is Booker Prize winning author Michael Ondaatje (a dream to moderate), noted Indian author Amitav Ghosh, Linda Spalding, the one and only Janet de Neefe - the one who dreamt of the Ubud Writers Festival and made it happen and of course, yours truly.

I am sure, you have already read about the festival (how could you not?). Well, if it slipped your radar screens, here's the link again, no more excuses:
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/ptm/books/ubud.htm

It's also online on Zafar's fabulous site:
www.kitaab.org

Visit it even if you don't want to read my piece, its a great way to track all things literary, particularly Asian writer.
Happy viewing and reading!