READ@PEACE

Books, Lit Fests, News, Movies, Art, Fashion and TV of course... "I must say that I find television very educational. The minute somebody turns it on, I go to the library and read a book." - GROUCHO MARX

My Photo
Name:

I'd write more, like you said I should. If only, there was more to me.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

DUCKING ATTENTION

He ducked public attention for a couple of days. When he finally did come clean, US Vice-President Dick Cheney's accidental shooting of a hunting companion during a quail-hunting party, had already made it to the American late night shows and more. The spoofs are still flowing in, here are some of the best of the rest:

I am bringing Dick Cheney as my date. He was so nice. He called me and invited me to go hunting
- Actor George Clooney

Good news, ladies and gentlemen, we have finally located weapons of mass destruction: It's Dick Cheney.
We can't get bin Laden, but we nailed a 78-year-old attorney.
No. 4 on list of "Top Ten Dick Cheney Excuses" -- "I thought the guy was trying to go 'gay cowboy' on me"
- CBS Late Show with David Letterman

Moms, dads, if you're watching right now, I can't emphasize this enough: Do not let your kids go on hunting trips with the vice president. I don't care what kind of lucrative contracts they're trying to land, or energy regulations they're trying to get lifted -- it's just not worth it.

- Comedy Central's 'The Daily Show' with Jon Stewart

Mr Cheney acknowledged that the man he sprayed with pellets on Saturday was not Ayman al-Zawahiri (the Al-Qaeda leader) but rather Harry
Whittington, a 78-year-old millionaire lawyer from Austin, blaming the mix-up on "faulty intelligence".
- Andy Borowitz on his political blog www.borowitzreport.com