READ@PEACE

Books, Lit Fests, News, Movies, Art, Fashion and TV of course... "I must say that I find television very educational. The minute somebody turns it on, I go to the library and read a book." - GROUCHO MARX

My Photo
Name:

I'd write more, like you said I should. If only, there was more to me.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

WHY NOW?

And why am I even reading Times Now - not my usual web fare.

That'z coz my wake-me-upper-fill-me-with-gossip-choke-with-disbelief - the one and only Mumbai's Mid-day has decided to bring print on the web!

Can't really tell you what it looked like earlier, coz the latest link only leads to this....
http://ww3.mid-day.com/midday/index.htm

Ouch! it hurts.

Hopefully, soon enough, some marketing whiz somewhere will tell us how little it takes to kill a perfectly readable website. One that brought alive all the moving and shaking news of Bollywood.

The new searches are like trips to nowhere - one insipid format leading to another. I am so missing reading about which starlet confused the star with the stripes, who refused to pay the backstage dancers, which rocking star is a walking fashion disaster....the list goes on.

The hunt for another Mid-day is well and truly on. Should you have suggestions do mail me - deepikashetty@hotmail.com