READ@PEACE

Books, Lit Fests, News, Movies, Art, Fashion and TV of course... "I must say that I find television very educational. The minute somebody turns it on, I go to the library and read a book." - GROUCHO MARX

My Photo
Name:

I'd write more, like you said I should. If only, there was more to me.

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

WORTH THE WAIT


This is another book that I've been unable to put down. Anita Amirrezvani's 'The Blood of Flowers' was acquired for a six-figure sum, took nine years to research and write. The author who lives in the US made several trips to Iran to work on this book and the labour clearly shows. To be released in May this year, it's been the talk of publishing circles. And for good reason. It journeys to 17th century Iran tracking the amazing journey of a young Iranian girl and her mother. Breathtaking in its sweep, it brings alive the unfortunate twist in their lives after her father dies. Survival depends on compromise and perfecting the art of knotting carpets. Watch this space for the full review in May.

Labels: ,