READ@PEACE

Books, Lit Fests, News, Movies, Art, Fashion and TV of course... "I must say that I find television very educational. The minute somebody turns it on, I go to the library and read a book." - GROUCHO MARX

My Photo
Name:

I'd write more, like you said I should. If only, there was more to me.

Monday, March 12, 2007

JACOB SAM-LA ROSE

He is a poet, writer, playwright and educator. A former Poet-in-Residence at the BBC London, Jacob Sam-La Rose is currently a touring writer with the British Council. Something that's taken him to Botswana then Singapore, followed by Malaysia. In addition to teaching creative writing internationally, he's found himself emerge as an "ambassador of poetry." He headed down for a recording recently and had this to say.... Needless to say, I was pleased to read about the Richard and Judy comparison:

"Television studios are strange, maze-like places. I sat on a couch feeling like a guest on the Singaporean equivalent of the Richard and Judy show, except the presenters were younger and much more attractive."

Read more here.

If it's pictures that draw you more than the written word, he's an avid shutter bug as well. Enjoy these.

Labels: