READ@PEACE

Books, Lit Fests, News, Movies, Art, Fashion and TV of course... "I must say that I find television very educational. The minute somebody turns it on, I go to the library and read a book." - GROUCHO MARX

My Photo
Name:

I'd write more, like you said I should. If only, there was more to me.

Friday, March 09, 2007

SHORT SHORTS

Sharon Bakar's been dishing out immensely useful information on the art of shorts, including all you need to know about writing contests - if it's contests that get you going.

I haven't got to short stories but have been trying my hand at short reviews. I didn't realise how hard it would be say all I wanted to say about a book I truly loved in less than 300 words.

It took several rewrites before I thought I'd got it right. The book in question was Mohsin Hamid's 'The Reluctant Fundamentalist' and the short short appeared in Today newspaper. Can't seem to find it online, if you read it, email (deepikashetty@hotmail.com) me and let me know if it worked.