READ@PEACE

Books, Lit Fests, News, Movies, Art, Fashion and TV of course... "I must say that I find television very educational. The minute somebody turns it on, I go to the library and read a book." - GROUCHO MARX

My Photo
Name:

I'd write more, like you said I should. If only, there was more to me.

Sunday, September 09, 2007

SAYING AS IT SHOULD BE

A much-hyped movie deservedly dissed, as are some books.

Yes, it deserves to survive and it will. Here's why:
"Like everything else in the world, the newsmagazine has its limitations, but we’ll work hard to push its possibilities just the way we have endeavoured with our other avatars. Despite the obit writers, the magazine deserves to survive — it is the crucial pause between the impressionism of the daily paper and news channel, and the long vista of the book. It is the first major sieving of the trash of the world and, if done with imagination and courage, can have immense value."
- Tarun Tejpal, Editor-in-Chief, Tehelka

Convinced? Head here to subscribe to your view.

Labels: ,