READ@PEACE

Books, Lit Fests, News, Movies, Art, Fashion and TV of course... "I must say that I find television very educational. The minute somebody turns it on, I go to the library and read a book." - GROUCHO MARX

My Photo
Name:

I'd write more, like you said I should. If only, there was more to me.

Monday, November 05, 2007

AN APT APOLOGY

Apology: Augustus Caesar. In our review last week of Lucien Polastran's book on libraries we said that Augustus had destroyed the Alexandrian library in 48BC. Since the lad, then called Octavian, was only 15 at the time, he obviously didn't. And Julius Caesar who did, hadn't actually meant to. We apologise to Mr Polastran, the many well-educated readers who have complained, and to Augustus, now divine.


Page 92: Books and Arts
The Economist

What lessons it holds for others in the business of apologising.

Labels: ,