READ@PEACE

Books, Lit Fests, News, Movies, Art, Fashion and TV of course... "I must say that I find television very educational. The minute somebody turns it on, I go to the library and read a book." - GROUCHO MARX

My Photo
Name:

I'd write more, like you said I should. If only, there was more to me.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

HSBC, THEFT, OUTSOURCING

'HSBC man defrauds British clients' - A lot of ink has already been spilt on this one.

Given the sheer nature of outsourcing, more will be in the days to come. True, the nature of the crime calls into question the whole issue of security, checks, balances and fears that if it can happen at such a big bank - what about the smaller ones? That's one part of the debate.

Another part yet again sees those shrill cries against outsourcing rising to fever pitch. But, as one voice - that of Paull McDougall points out 'Account and data theft by India's Outsourcing Workers is rare compared to in-house thievery at US Banks'. Interestingly, all the cases cited in the piece are for June alone. Here's more:
http://www.informationweek.com/blog/main/archives/2006/06/account_and_dat.html