READ@PEACE

Books, Lit Fests, News, Movies, Art, Fashion and TV of course... "I must say that I find television very educational. The minute somebody turns it on, I go to the library and read a book." - GROUCHO MARX

My Photo
Name:

I'd write more, like you said I should. If only, there was more to me.

Friday, September 22, 2006

I CAN ONLY IMAGINE....

Take a look at this...
then read on...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryCTIigaloQ

This is the father-son bond of Dick and Rick Hoyt. From the time Rick was born, Dick has strived to give him as normal a life as possible.

Rick was born in 1962 with a brain disorder. His umbilical cord coiled around his neck and cut off oxygen to his brain. Dick and his wife, Judy, were told that there would be no hope for their child's development.

"When he was eight months old the doctors told us we should just put him away - he'd be a vegetable all his life, that sort of thing. Well those doctors are not alive any more, but I would like them to be able to see Rick now," Dick says.

Read more about this amazing story here:
http://www.teamhoyt.com/history.shtml

Thanks for the links, Matt and Bala.