READ@PEACE

Books, Lit Fests, News, Movies, Art, Fashion and TV of course... "I must say that I find television very educational. The minute somebody turns it on, I go to the library and read a book." - GROUCHO MARX

My Photo
Name:

I'd write more, like you said I should. If only, there was more to me.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

NEW ADDICTIONS

Incase you missed this, the British weekly New Scientist says the Internet has given birth to a quirky range of modern addictions. Some of these include:

EGO-SURFING: When you frequently check your name and reputation on the Internet.
BLOG STREAKING: Revealing secrets or personal information online which for everybody's sake would be best kept private.
CYBERCHONDRIA: A headache and a particular rash at the same time? Extensive online research tells you it must be cancer.

Add to these:
BLOGASANA: The daily exercise of reading blogs. (I plead guilty to this!)
E-INSANITY: A term used when people attempt to do things in real life that are restricted to computer or technology usage, such as making a mistake and unwittingly thinking of pressing Ctrl+Z to undo it.
LINGUICIDE: The killing of a language by refusing to accept new words or meanings of existing words.

For a few more tickles, visit the Word Exchange on www.collins.co.uk