READ@PEACE

Books, Lit Fests, News, Movies, Art, Fashion and TV of course... "I must say that I find television very educational. The minute somebody turns it on, I go to the library and read a book." - GROUCHO MARX

My Photo
Name:

I'd write more, like you said I should. If only, there was more to me.

Thursday, March 29, 2007

WHERE'S THE PARTY?






The last time I did a lot of red carpet waiting, watching and interviewing was during the IIFA in Singapore. Since then, there's been a fair share of Bollywood heading in and out of our shores, but nothing on the mega scale that Bollywood fans are getting used to.

Malaysia which had rolled out the red carpet for the Global Indian Film Awards or GIFA earlier is set to host the 10th Zee Cine Awards this weekend. With the A list - Shah Rukh Khan, Preity Zinta, Priyanka Chopra, Abhishek Bachchan, Aishwarya Rai - in attendance temperatures are bound to be sizzling at Genting.

There will be performances, starry speeches and the awards of course. I've taken a look at the footage from the past years and having rubbed shoulders with Lydia and Tripta in the past, I know it'll be a slick affair. After all, they set the bar with the Zee Night in Singapore.

It's interesting to see how the award ceremony has travelled so far. It went international in 2004 and since then its travelled to Dubai, London and Mauritius, drawing in packed crowds everywhere.

Several awards will be announced in what promises to be a night of glitz and glamour. Though if the technical awards, which were announced earlier this week, are any indication films like Krrish, Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna, Lage Raho Munnabhai and Rang De Basanti will be the ones to watch out for. It's bound to be a close race to the finish and it's something that I'll be watching closely to bring you all the updates.

Some star-struck days lie ahead, so if you witness blog inaction, you'll know what happened.

Labels: ,