READ@PEACE

Books, Lit Fests, News, Movies, Art, Fashion and TV of course... "I must say that I find television very educational. The minute somebody turns it on, I go to the library and read a book." - GROUCHO MARX

My Photo
Name:

I'd write more, like you said I should. If only, there was more to me.

Friday, June 01, 2007

RE: INDIA POISED

Thank you all for your comments, feedback, bouquets, brickbats to the Amitabh Bachchan 'India Poised' post. All it took was a Bachchan....

Now, for my responses to all your questions:

Did you produce it?
How I wish!
It's a Times of India initiative (you obviously didn't get to the end of it...)

Did they really need Amitabh Bachchan?
There are several others in the campaign, but Bala pointed me to this one and I liked it the most.

Are you an Amitabh Bachchan fan?
And I thought three posts in a row was proof enough. If I may add, I'm also an Aamir Khan and Shah Rukh Khan fan.

Must we always have Bollywood stars going on about everything?
Would you rather have cricketers instead...

All this sounds fine, but are you bullish about India?
You bet. I was and I still am and for that let me take you back to an earlier post I'd done on this issue. Alright then, I'm ready for the bricks, bats and all.

This one from Zafar Anjum aka Dream Ink in the blogosphere:
"Yes, this kind of argument is always there: That all of India is not shining. It’s true also. But the point is, as you have rightly mentioned, at least some are doing better than before. And the whole situation cannot be put in words better than those used by Mr Bachchan in his video. The acknowledgement of two Indias is realistic but let the success be the motivation behind the "follower" India to take a flight from the precipice of opportunity with the "leader" India.

It is one of the most inspirational national videos I have ever seen. I actually had goosebumps and my heart went dhak dhak while I was watching that video…

BTW I like the English version. In the Hindi version, he is in supreme control over the medium as he does in the films. In the English one, he is almost perfect and that little bit of imperfection reflects the gap (for me) between the rich and the poor Indias."

Labels: ,