READ@PEACE

Books, Lit Fests, News, Movies, Art, Fashion and TV of course... "I must say that I find television very educational. The minute somebody turns it on, I go to the library and read a book." - GROUCHO MARX

My Photo
Name:

I'd write more, like you said I should. If only, there was more to me.

Friday, December 21, 2007

A GOLDEN AGE

"The minute we finish talking, I want you to go buy this book."

It's the stroke of the midnight hour, the Spice Queen has a had a long day. A literary dinner followed by our chat.

"It's a complete book, it's beautiful, it speaks to the heart."

When its getting such rave reviews, who am I to disagree?

"I was doing the audio for this book, I'd keep calling Tahmima, checking the pronounciation, finding a little more about the story each time."

I want to read it, I want to read it now.

"When you read it and if you ever speak to her can you tell her Madhur Jaffrey recommended it."

The next morning I was at Borders. I found four copies of the book tucked on the top most shelf, fiction under 'A'. A bout of conjunctivitis couldn't get me to put the book down. I cried through my infected eyes, I want you to know about Rehana. I want you to know more about what happened in Bangladesh. I'd like you to do it now. Here's one of many reasons why:

Labels: , ,