READ@PEACE

Books, Lit Fests, News, Movies, Art, Fashion and TV of course... "I must say that I find television very educational. The minute somebody turns it on, I go to the library and read a book." - GROUCHO MARX

My Photo
Name:

I'd write more, like you said I should. If only, there was more to me.

Friday, March 31, 2006

THE MIND OF A LEADER

Just came across this piece...

Embattled Thai Prime Minister has often recommended books for his cabinet to read. Now there's a list of ''must-read'' works of literature that's been proposed to him by Associate Professor Carina Chotirawe, a lecturer in English literature at Thailand's Chulalongkorn University.

Interesting, how a lot of them assess the psyche of a leader. Not many surprises in this rather compelling compilation:

1) 1984 by George Orwell.
2) Brave New World by Aldous Huxley.
3) The Tragedy of Dr Faustus - a play by Christopher Marlowe.
4) The Emperor's New Clothes - a classic fairy tale by Hans Christian Anderson.
5) All My Sons by American playwright Arthur Miller.
6) Macbeth, by William Shakespeare.
7) Ozymandias by Percy B. Shelly.
8) A Bend in the River by V.S. Naipaul.
9) A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens.
10) Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes.