READ@PEACE

Books, Lit Fests, News, Movies, Art, Fashion and TV of course... "I must say that I find television very educational. The minute somebody turns it on, I go to the library and read a book." - GROUCHO MARX

My Photo
Name:

I'd write more, like you said I should. If only, there was more to me.

Monday, July 17, 2006

THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA


Never imagined I'd end up reading this. Let alone enjoying it. But a prolonged spell of house hunting, interspersed with some rather serious reading, coupled with rather officious visits to lawyer's offices et al, had me all knotted up, in dire need of what they call de-stress.

Then 'The Devil Wears Prada' came my way and the wicked cover already had me giving it more than a second glance. A couple of pages down, I was hooked to Lauren Weisberger's splendid read that re-defines the term 'bad boss' for years to come.

If you've been griping about yours, take heart, you haven't yet met the MOST impossible boss in the history of impossible bosses.

To cut a fabulous long story short, it takes you through the life of Andrea Sachs, a small-town girl fresh out of college, who lands the job "a million girls would die for."

Being hired as an assistant to Miranda Priestly - the enormously successful editor of 'Runway' magazine, Andrea discovers more than just a Boss From Hell.

Will staying on be worth it? Well, you have to read this book to find out.

If it's the lists that get you started on a book, here's more.

'The Devil Wears Prada' has been published in 27 countries and was on the New York Times best seller list for six months.

Not bad at all for a debut!