READ@PEACE

Books, Lit Fests, News, Movies, Art, Fashion and TV of course... "I must say that I find television very educational. The minute somebody turns it on, I go to the library and read a book." - GROUCHO MARX

My Photo
Name:

I'd write more, like you said I should. If only, there was more to me.

Monday, July 23, 2007

GIRL POWER


The cover is enticing, as is the opening text.

Its no surprise that Rajaa Alsanea's insight into the world of Saudi women and their disappointments in love caused a literal storm. The book which was published in Beirut was banned at first.

The novel goes on sale in English this month and its success is putting the spotlight on Saudi Arabia's literary output.

From 26 in 2005 to around 50 in novels in 2006, may not be too large a leap of faith.

But big things are known to start small.

Read more here.

Labels: ,