READ@PEACE

Books, Lit Fests, News, Movies, Art, Fashion and TV of course... "I must say that I find television very educational. The minute somebody turns it on, I go to the library and read a book." - GROUCHO MARX

My Photo
Name:

I'd write more, like you said I should. If only, there was more to me.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

THROUGH YOUR EYES


Open your eyes, pack your bags, head to some part of Asia, get your pen, then write the tale.

It's called 'Asia Through My Eyes', it's part of the inaugural Singapore Sun Festival and it promises a chance to get your travel tale noticed. The region-wide writing contest wants to showcase the work of aspiring writers and also celebrate travel writing. The organisers say any perspective goes as long as the subject is Asia, the format prose and the story has not been published previously.

All it has to take is 800 words to provide an insight into life in Asia in the 21st century. Judging your prose, among others will be Frances Mayes, author of 'Under The Tuscan Sun' and the celebrated Neil Humphreys.

For more visit www.singaporesunfestival.com
Or email travelwritingcompetition@singaporesunfestival.com

Go on, flex that pen or punch those keys to get cracking.

Labels: , ,