READ@PEACE

Books, Lit Fests, News, Movies, Art, Fashion and TV of course... "I must say that I find television very educational. The minute somebody turns it on, I go to the library and read a book." - GROUCHO MARX

My Photo
Name:

I'd write more, like you said I should. If only, there was more to me.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

NOOYI IN THE NEWS


Interesting spin to Chennai born Indra Nooyi's appointment as PepsiCo's CEO.

This one, from The Financial Times, in particular had me in splits - 'Pepsi Promotion of Saree-Wearing Executive No Publicity Stunt'. Do a google search and you will find more Nooyi shots in a power suit. I haven't met her, but I am sure whatever attire she chooses never comes in the way of her work.

Wonder what the creative scribes will have to say should Shashi Tharoor make it to the UN Secretary General post. I can already visualise this - 'Appointment of Kurta-Wearing Author Not Done to Appease India.'

Share your thoughts. Email me at deepikashetty@hotmail.com