READ@PEACE

Books, Lit Fests, News, Movies, Art, Fashion and TV of course... "I must say that I find television very educational. The minute somebody turns it on, I go to the library and read a book." - GROUCHO MARX

My Photo
Name:

I'd write more, like you said I should. If only, there was more to me.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

BEING 60

Just how would you feel when you hit 60?

I still have several more years to go, but if I was up and about and had the ability to travel around, I have a feeling I'd be loving it.

Sounds hard to believe but former US President Bill Clinton actually hates it. Here's what he said when he was greeted with a 'Happy Birthday' song at a world AIDS Conference in Toronto.

"In just a few days, I will be 60 years old. I hate it, but it's true."

Here's why:
"For most of my working life, I was the youngest person doing what I was doing. Then one day I woke up and I was the oldest person in every room."

For the record, Clinton was a youthful 46 when he was first elected president in 1992.

Though he wasn't the youngest man to be elected to the White House.

John F Kennedy, was 43 when he took office, while Theodore Roosevelt was 42 years old when he took office in 1901.