READ@PEACE

Books, Lit Fests, News, Movies, Art, Fashion and TV of course... "I must say that I find television very educational. The minute somebody turns it on, I go to the library and read a book." - GROUCHO MARX

My Photo
Name:

I'd write more, like you said I should. If only, there was more to me.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

WHEN DEATH BECOMES A STATISTIC....

Here's what you get....

"The terrorists tried to repeat the disaster of the Al-Aima bridge but were prevented by the alterness of our security forces, in cooperation with our
citizens," said Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki in a statement to media.

He praised the army and police for keeping the death toll down and said this was a sign of their "growing capability".

The comments came soon after gunmen ambushed Shiite pilgrims marching through Baghdad. They were heading to the mausoleum of Imam Musa Kadhim, whose death 12 centuries ago is marked by major Shiite pilgrimage every year.

Fact is 20 people were killed, 200 others injured in this incident.

But for Mr Maliki that number paled in comparison to the 1,000 lives that were lost on the deadliest day in post-war Iraq on this day, a year ago.