READ@PEACE

Books, Lit Fests, News, Movies, Art, Fashion and TV of course... "I must say that I find television very educational. The minute somebody turns it on, I go to the library and read a book." - GROUCHO MARX

My Photo
Name:

I'd write more, like you said I should. If only, there was more to me.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

SEALED WITH A KISS

It was such a thanda lip-lock that you wouldn't imagine anyone would get turned on by it. But some folks sure did and they've headed right to the court room, filing an obscenity case against Aishwarya and Hrithik Roshan. The kiss in question happened in the even more questionable Dhoom 2.

The case has been filed by an advocate under Sections 292 (vulgarity) and 509 (derogatory to women) of the Indian Penal Code. The complainant alleged that women felt offended after watching the scene and it promoted vulgarity in society. Seriously?

Now, didn't all of this happen in Fanaa, when Kajol and Aamir indulged in a whole lot more, or for that matter in the almost unwatchable Chingaari bits between Sushmita and Mithun. And hasn't anyone watched Aish pretty much bare it all in The Mistress of Spices?

If one has got to take issue with whatever is shown on the big screen, why let Shah Rukh and Kareena escape? The song in Don was hotter than anything that came across all of Dhoom 2.

I have absolutely no issues with a kiss, in fact let there be two if the context and the setting demands. Indian cinema, we've been told, has come of age (at least on the kissing front), now if only the folks watching it would grow up.