READ@PEACE

Books, Lit Fests, News, Movies, Art, Fashion and TV of course... "I must say that I find television very educational. The minute somebody turns it on, I go to the library and read a book." - GROUCHO MARX

My Photo
Name:

I'd write more, like you said I should. If only, there was more to me.

Thursday, November 29, 2007

A GOOD PUN?

One of those days, when I'm feeling a little silly. Perhaps it's the season or could it be the day?

- When two egotists meet, it's an I for an I.
- A pessimist's blood type is always B-negative.
- A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother.
- A hangover is the wrath of grapes.
- A successful diet is the triumph of mind over platter.
xxxxxxx

Last month, a survey was conducted by the U.N. worldwide.
The only question asked was:
Would you please give your honest opinion about solutions to the food shortage in the rest of the world?

The survey was a HUGE failure.
Here's why:
In Africa they did not know what "food" meant.
In Western Europe they did not know what "shortage" meant.
In Eastern Europe they did not know what "opinion" meant.
In the Middle East they did not know what "solution" meant.
In South America they did not know what "please" meant.
In Asia they did not know what "honest" meant.
And in the USA they did not know what "the rest of the world" meant.
xxxxxxx

- If you look like your passport picture, you probably need the trip.
- By the time you can make ends meet, they move the ends.
- Bills travel through mail at twice the speed of checks.
- Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
- Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
- Middle age is when broadness of the mind and narrowness of the waist change places.