READ@PEACE

Books, Lit Fests, News, Movies, Art, Fashion and TV of course... "I must say that I find television very educational. The minute somebody turns it on, I go to the library and read a book." - GROUCHO MARX

My Photo
Name:

I'd write more, like you said I should. If only, there was more to me.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

THE RACE TO UBUD





Last year, it was Michael Ondaatje and Amitav Ghosh.

This year it shall be William Dalrymple, Madhur Jaffrey, Su Tong and Eric Campbell - to name a select few.

The race to get Orhan Pamuk on that plane to Denpasar is still on.

Janet, Karen, Finley and the rest of the team are working round the clock to ensure the Ubud Readers and Writers Festival rocks this time too.

The theme this year is 'Desa Kala Patra' or Place-Time-Identity. This theme will address the ties that bind us to place, ancestry and identity in modern times.

So dudes and dames, if you need another reason for a cerebral party, don't go anywhere without checking this out - www.ubudwritersfestival.com
It's all happening end September. Hope to see you there.