READ@PEACE

Books, Lit Fests, News, Movies, Art, Fashion and TV of course... "I must say that I find television very educational. The minute somebody turns it on, I go to the library and read a book." - GROUCHO MARX

My Photo
Name:

I'd write more, like you said I should. If only, there was more to me.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

'YOUR MIKE IS ON'



It's happened in the past. CNN has cut LIVE to US President George W Bush while he was rehearsing his speech. They had a X over Vice-President Dick Cheney's face.

This time round it was an anchor's girl talk that dominated live coverage of President Bush's speech from New Orleans. Apparently anchor Kyra Phillips was having a conversation with another woman in the restroom, unaware of the fact that her microphone was on and was picking up all the exciting bits of her chat.

The audio of Phillips' conversation could be heard overriding Mr Bush's remarks approximately ten minutes into the President's speech.

While she had great things to say about her husband:
Phillips: "Yeah, I'm very lucky in that regard with my husband. My husband is handsome and he is genuinely a loving, you know, no ego-you know what I'm saying. Just a really passionate, compassionate great, great human being. And they exist. They do exist. They're hard to find. Yup. But they are out there."

All may not be calm on the domestic front for Phillips after this comment:
Phillips: "..Brothers have to be, you know, protective. Except for mine. I've got to be protective of him...Yeah. He's married, three kids, but his wife is just a control freak."

She went on till someone told her:
"Your mic is on. Turn it off. It's been on the air."

Amazing how no one in the sound room or the studio spotted it, mysteries of the unexplained perhaps...

As a Producer of a real time show, I know this is one moment I wouldn't want to live for.

Read more here:
http://newsbusters.org/node/7247