READ@PEACE

Books, Lit Fests, News, Movies, Art, Fashion and TV of course... "I must say that I find television very educational. The minute somebody turns it on, I go to the library and read a book." - GROUCHO MARX

My Photo
Name:

I'd write more, like you said I should. If only, there was more to me.

Friday, August 25, 2006

MO, MU, MOO, MOOOO!

Do cows have accents?

Well, a group of dairy farmers in Ireland certainly believe so. At the 'World's Most Beautiful Cow Competition' in County Cavan, one claimed they have 'regional accents'.

But how come no one who has lived near them hasn't exactly noticed. Pat comes the answer: "Because we are so used to them, we don't notice, but they have it."

However, a phonetics expert these claims are a "lot of bull." Professor John Wells, adds it could be plausible, but only if generations of cows lived "on some island somewhere."

So even as I post this, someone, somewhere is telling somebody there's a lot of MOOO-ING going on. Or was it MUU-ING? MULL over it, you have the weekend for it.